The RC210 Advanced Repeater Controller - More Controller For Less Dollars Than The Competition
(links to Manuals and Updates may be found at the bottom of this page)
Click on picture above for a detailed view
The RC210 utilizes the latest, state-of-the-art components for reduced parts count, which means lower cost and higher reliability.
The RC210 uses FLASH EEPROM technology for fast and easy field upgrades, requiring nothing more than a computer with a serial port.
With thousands of RC210s in daily use around the world, don't you think it's time you put the RC210 to work for your repeater system too?
Why buy multiple controllers when one is all you need?
Now you can control up to 3 separate repeaters with only one controller. The RC210 provides 3 independently operating radio ports, each with its own timeout and hang timers, courtesy tone, ID's and dedicated DTMF decoder. With simple DTMF commands, you can intertie any port to any other port for links or other purposes, giving you unparalleled flexibility. Each port may also be defined as a half or full duplex link port. You also have a choice between DB9 or RJ45 connectors on each radio port.
While most other controllers run at a clock speed of under 10 Mhz, the RC210 breaks the speed barrier by running at 16 Mhz! And since it uses a RISC CPU, speeds approaching 16 million instructions per second are achieved. What this all means is that the RC210 is hundreds of times faster than some of those older designs.
Flexible Courtesy Tones
Real Human Speech
With an extremely useful, repeater oriented vocabulary and real human speech - not some 80's sounding synthesized voice - the RC210 not only works great, but it sounds great!
On-Board Digital Voice Recorder
The built-in (not an option like the other guys!) DVR allows you to record own custom voice ID's and other messages, right over the air and then use them in any programmable message of your choice! Or use our RCP Programming Software and upload wav files directly into your RC210 for the highest quality!
Remote Base Operation Is A Snap
You may define any port to be a full or half-duplex remote base. Support is included for Icom, Kenwood and Yaesu HF/VHF/UHF radios equipped with a computer port, for a fully frequency agile remote base! Direct serial port support for the Kenwood TM-V7A / TM-G707/TM-271A/TM-471A/TM-V71A/TM-D710 mobile series of radio. No modifications of these radios are necessary, as all connections are made via the front panel packet jack (TM-G707/TM-V7A requires optional interface) ! (please refer to the Operations and Programming Manual for a complete list of supported radios). The Doug Hall RBI-1 Remote Base Interface is also fully supported.Full control of frequency, transmit offset, CTCSS Encode/Decode and CTCSS tone frequency is provided and Remote Base Memories allow for easy and fast changes.
Security Is #1, Yet The RC210 Provides Fully Programmable Codes
Programmable Pre Access Codes
If needed, you can program a Pre Access Code (most often used as a "site prefix" in multi-controller systems).
True Zero Hangtime
Any port may be programmed for true zero hangtime, even non-repeating Ports. This is a necessity when using the RC210 for a hub controller.
Real Time Clock and Calendar
The built-in scheduler allows you to completely automate the operation of your RC210. The day of week, weekdays, weekends and day of month may be programmed for an event. NEW! You may now program a Scheduled Event to happen only during a particular month (very handy for automating DayLight Savings Time adjustments)
Each is capable of storing any combination of vocabulary words or DVR tracks. Use them for any purpose you desire, be that in addition to IDs, informational messages, custom voice responses to commands or Tail Messages.
Each port has its own 3 unique Tail Messages. They may be used with a "tail" counter or by Timer, or may be turned off completely.
Davis Instruments Weather Station Support
The RC210 supports most major Davis Weather Station features including readback of high and low readings over the past 24 hours.
DTMF Memories And Regeneration
The RC210 is capable of storing DTMF sequences in memory. Use them in macros to send DTMF down a link to control a remote repeater or for easy control of your IRLP or EchoLink node! "On the fly" DTMF Regeneration is also available.
Analog Inputs With Programmable Meter Faces
With 8 analog inputs, the RC210 gives you remote readback of everything from voltage to (with the proper sensors) SWR! Each meter channel has fully programmable high and low Alarms. Imagine being able to automatically protect against such things as PA overheating, high SWR and more!
Logic Control Outputs
7 outputs (expandable to 32) for controlling remote devices. Outputs are open drain JFET outputs for very low turn on resistance
Logic Inputs may be used for Alarm functions, to remotely monitor things such as doors being opened or a Weather Receiver with S.A.M.E. alerts
So Many Features, So Few Dollars
At only $225 for the kit version or $325 assembled and tested, the RC210 gives you so much for so little.
Computer Programming Software
Audio Delay Board
The Arcom RAD (Repeater Audio Delay) board simply plugs into the RC210 and gives you an adjustable audio delay to eliminate DTMF "blips" and squelch crashes. Available in 1, 2 or 3 Port versions
Our AP1 Autopatch Board provides 200 autodial memories, very flexible toll restrictions, reverse patch and more!
Rack Mount Enclosure
Our RC210R rack mount is only 1U high, saving valuable rack space. Click here for details
Exceptional Warranty Protection
The RC210 comes with a 2 year parts and 1 year labor warranty (assembled and tested version). If you purchase the kit version, you receive one year protection on all parts.
The kit includes all parts including custom programmed microcontroller, high-quality silkscreened and soldermasked PC board, assembly, operations and programming manuals.
The fully assembled and tested version includes completed and tested PC board, operations and programming manual.
The RC210 is fully compatable with our RAD Repeater Audio Delay Board. Click here for more info on the RAD
Operational Features (Firmware Version 7.36)
· Three total - each port may be operated as an independent repeater port or as half/full-duplex link port
· Gated audio on all ports with selectable de-emphasis - you may tap directly off discriminator without regard for squelch action or de-emphasis
· Selectable polarity of COS and CTCSS signals on each port
· Each port has its own unique, programmable hang, timeout, activity, DTMF mute and kerchunk timers
· Selectable CTCSS/Carrier squelch modes (true "AND" operation) on each port
· Selectable CTCSS encode control output with programmable delay dropout for controlling external CTCSS encoder on each port
· Each port has its own dedicated DTMF decoder
· Selectable Enable/Disable of DTMF on each port and selectable mute on 1st or 2nd digit
· Each port may be defined to require CTCSS or not require CTCSS for DTMF operation
· 10 courtesy tones with up to 4 segments each (dual tone per segment) which may be assigned for use on any Port. Or use a DVR Track or Vocabulary word as a Courtesy Tone
· Any port may be used for a Control Receiver
· Allows for multiple controller installations to have unique site addresses to maintain common code structure thoughout your network.
· Each port has 3 unique Initial Voice, 3 unique Pending Voice and 2 unique CW ID's.
· Automatic rotation with Initial and Pending ID algorythm
· Programmable Initial and Pending ID timers
· Voice ID's may be disabled on a per port basis for CW only identification
· CW IDs may be programmed with dual or single tones, as well as speed
· Any port may be linked to any other port on command
· Selectable Monitor Mute/Monitor Mix audio for each port when linked
· Programmable Inactivity timer automatically unlinks ports after a programmable amount of time (may be disabled)
· Frequency agile HF/VHF/UHF remote base with support for most Kenwood, Icom, Yaesu radios as well as the Doug Hall RBI-1
· Any port may be used
· 20 DTMF (50 with optional RTC Module) Memories may be called to send predefined sequence to any combinition of Ports
· Repeater operation oriented vocabulary in real human speech (not synthesized). May be used in programmable ID's or other messages
· 40 Message Macros (70 with optional RTC Module) for easy use of custom programmed phrases
· Any combination of Vocabulary or DVR tracks may be used in any message
· Programmable Tail Messages, based on Tail time, tail counter or both
· 90 Command Macros for easy one command functions. May also call other Command Macros for unlimited functionality
· Programmable Pre Access Codes (may be used as Site Prefix Codes). May be disabled completely
· Programmable Macro Subset allows for restricting access to Command Macros. May be disabled completely
· Fully automated operations based on time of day, day of week or day of month and also Month of Year
Davis Intruments Weather Station Suport
· Allows for voice recall of wind, temps and humidity including daily highs and lows
· RS-232 port for use with remote base radios, controller programming and firmware updates
· 8 analog to digital channels. Each channel is fully scaleable with 6 different meter faces
· Each channel has programmable high and low alarms
· Inputs protected against over or negative voltages
Logic Outputs and Inputs
· 5 digital Alarm inputs which are edge-triggered
· 7 digital outputs may be commanded high/low/pulse. (may be expanded to 32). Each output uses open drain JFETs for low on resistance
Auxilary Audio Inputs
· 3 auxiliary audio inputs for use with a weather receiver, autopatch or other external audio source (may also be used with Alarm Inputs to emulate addtional radio ports)
· True sine wave microprocessor generated tones
· Use of low-noise, high-impedance JFET op amps for exceptional audio quality
· LED displays of controller status
· Automatic battery backup switchover
· Hardware watchdog timer
· Fan control with programmable shut off timer
· Rack Mount Enclosure
· Audio delay module (available in 1, 2 or 3 Port version)
· Intelligent Autopatch module
· Windows© programming software
- Microprocessor Atmel ATMega2561 RISC microcomputer running at 16 Mhz
- Program Memory 256K Bytes - Flash EEPROM
- Running Memory 4K Bytes Non-Volatile Memory 4K Bytes
- Speech Method ISD 4003 series VoiceCorder© IC
- Logic Inputs: Low < .8 volts High: 5 to 15 volts
- Logic Outputs: 100v @ 500 ma open drain JFET
- Audio Inputs: High impedance >10K
- Audio Outputs: up to 6 volts p-p
- Power Requirement: 11.5 to 15V dc @ 70 ma (LEDs off).
- Operating Temp.: -40 to +55 degrees C
- Size: 9.3 x 5.2 inches including connectors(PC board)
- Connectors: DB-25 analog and digital I/0, Phoenix 4 pin power connector (mating plug included), choice of DB-9 female or RJ45 for radio ports